When you suspect FMLA abuse, let our Rehmann Corporate Investigative Services (CIS) professionals take the necessary steps to uncover the truth. Surveillance is the key to providing the high-quality, video evidence attorneys and employers need to take the appropriate action.
Consider this example: an employee is approved for FMLA to care for their child. During this time, the employer suspects this time is being used for unapproved purposes. A surveillance investigation is conducted and determines that the employee was working for another business while on FMLA leave.
Some signs of possible FMLA abuse include:
- An employee’s repeated use of FMLA
- Multiple employees on FMLA at once
- FMLA requests following denial of vacation
- Complaints or tips collected from employee hotlines
- Intermittent FMLA requests that coincide with weekends or holidays
Our Rehmann CIS team has the experience and state-of-the-art tools to offer you or your business a complete picture. Make the important decision to incorporate surveillance into your FMLA abuse investigation.