With decades of experience serving farmers, we can help you prepare for what's next - rain or shine, hot or cold.
The weather changes minute by minute and each season brings unique trials to agriculture businesses. Are you prepared for the next challenge that may appear on the horizon? If you’re not sure, we can help. From addressing specific business challenges to complex tax and accounting matters, Rehmann has professionals dedicated to the agriculture industry who can help you find focused solutions to your business needs.
We understand that the agribusiness industry is a demanding business that requires hard work and preparedness. As one of the largest certified public accounting firms in the Midwest, our foundation is built on providing exceptional tax compliance, tax consulting, accounting, and assurance services that are critical to the success of your operation.
At Rehmann, our client service professionals understand the day-to-day challenges of the agriculture industry. We combine this experience with active listening skills to provide expert advice in the following areas:
Creative Tax Offerings
- Seasonal employee issues, including background checks & payroll tax credits
- Equipment & building depreciation, including cost segregation studies
- Financing alternatives
- Tax credit & deduction analysis, including Domestic Product Activities Deduction ("DPAD"), research & development, Public Act No. 116 (Property Tax Relief for Farms), & renewable energy credits
- Inventory management & controls
- Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA) claims
- Agricultural easements
- International exports
- Food safety & security
- Audit services
- Financial planning and succession for family-owned, multigenerational and closely-held operations
- Retirement plan evaluation & consulting
- Valuation services
- Cooperative, commodities, futures & margins accounting
- Strategic planning
Our advisors can help you gain a better understanding of the cost of your operations and the cost of doing business in the agriculture industry. This way you can make informed decisions about your products offering, how to price those products, and to whom you want to sell those products.
Partnering with Rehmann provides you with one source for your business answers and the support you need to identify opportunities for improvement within your business operations. Our ability to help you develop a well-organized and strategic business plan allows you to become an effective leader and helps your managers and employees understand what they need to do to be successful. In turn, this leadership is translated into an increase in the value of your business and the wealth of your owners.
Agribusiness Industry Memberships & Affiliations
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives
- Michigan Agri-Business Association
- Michigan Food Processors Association
- Michigan Beer and Wine Wholesalers Association
- Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association
- Southwest Michigan Agribusiness Alliance
- Great Lakes Ag-Tech Incubator